Re: Ending the Linked Data debate -- PLEASE VOTE *NOW*!

On 6/13/13 3:19 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     If you want to resolve this matter, construct a poll where the
>     question reflect the audience that has the problem.
>

> Why don't you tell us what "question" needs to be answered then?

I would *suggest* something that goes something like this:

Does the term "Linked Data" imply the use of RDF?

I would also (in addition to this list) include the following groups:
(by posting the poll to their associated lists):

1. LDP -- Linked Data Platform
2. JSON-LD
3. Semantic Web
4. RWW
5. WebID.

1-5 cover the following profiles (labels un-pegorative) in good proportion:

1. RDFers -- those who see Linked Data and RDF as being tightly coupled
2. RDFRefluxers -- those who simply blank out whenever they encounter
"RDF" or R-D-F i.e., put those letters together in any form it's a turn-off
3. Independents (folks who see Linked Data and RDF as being loosely
coupled) -- I put myself here, for sake of profile clarity.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen