Re: Business Models, Profitability, and Linked Data

I am in total agreement with the primary issue, yet it is part of a bigger issue, that of proper usage of any materials in digital format that have intellectual property rights attached to it.

By redefining business values in terms of intellectual property rights values that can somehow be measures and thus where necessary monetized and compensated for in usage the problem is resolved.

As I indicated earlier the open science field cannot flourish without if and we cannot expect current bureaucrats at patent and trademark offices or UN bodies alone to figure this out.

The tens of billions of dollars and euros spent in courts of patent and copy rights infringements are exactly why.

The professionals who do understand the big picture and the nuts and bolts levels must step up to the plate and help out.

Your analysis is a good starting point to create a much more complete and thorough analysis required.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide by creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide and: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development