Re: rNews RDFa in BBC News

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:25:25 -0800 (PST)
To: Jeremy Tarling <jeremy.tarling@bbc.co.uk>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

________________________________
 From: Jeremy Tarling <jeremy.tarling@bbc.co.uk>
To: public-lod@w3.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:27 AM
Subject: rNews RDFa in BBC News

Hello all

I am working with BBC News on implementing some RDFa in article pages on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news. rNews seems like the best candidate for us in terms of expressiveness and wider adoption, so I am thinking, as a first iteration, we will add something like this to article pages:

<head prefix="rnews: http://iptc.org/std/rNews/2011-10-07#"
resource="{published URL}"
typeof="r

news:about" content="{GUID for person/place/organisation}"/>

Separately we will publish the BBC GUIDs we have created for person/place/organisations with sameAs links towikidata/freebase/dbpedia.

Does anyone see any problems with this approach?

Thanks

JT

-------
Jeremy Tarling