RE: Linked Data & RDFa

I appreciate the fact that Microdata set an example for how RDFa could streamline itself. Now that the dolt-splat has been applied and RDFa has straightened up with 1.1 Lite, why continue to punish data publishers/consumers with two redundant solutions?

http://manu.sporny.org/2012/mythical-differences/

http://manu.sporny.org/2012/microdata-cr/

The imagined differences distract people from what really matters: the data model.

In my situation as a Linked Data researcher trying to encourage production adoption, the choice between content-negotiation and/or RDFa inevitably boils down to what's practical in the context of a bespoke system. Some convenient leverage points suit content-negotiation, some suit injecting an RDFa blob into a previously designed HTML page. Intermingling RDFa in HTML the way it's 'supposed' to be is surprisingly challenging for both technical and social reasons.

Jeff