Re: Linked SDMX Data

On 02/15/2013 09:09 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Awesome indeed.
>
>>From the dump (found from void.ttl, of course!) I found some (4135) new exactMatches that I didn't have before and put them in sameas.org - thanks.
> Eg http://www.sameas.org/?uri=http://oecd.270a.info/code/1.0/CL_7HA_LOCATION/AUS

Nice OECD chunk you got there.

> I can bring up a separate 270a store at something like sameas.org/store/270a with only your data in, if you would find it useful.

That's might not be a bad idea because there will be a few more datasets
coming up as soon as I retrieve them :)

> But you may want to be a bit more careful with the closeMatches.
> They are sometimes not very close :-)
> But I did get a laugh on this one!
> <http://oecd.270a.info/code/1.0/CL_AMNE_IN_LOCATION/USA> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#closeMatch> <http://dbpedia.org/resource/United_Arab_States> .

Whoop. Okay, I guess that highlights an important point; I should not
bother with anything that's not an exact match for countries. Because it
doesn't make sense. It would only be really useful if I was trying to
interlink the countries from A with the regions from B with some
partitive relationship.

BTW, I've just interlinked FAO Species with DBpedia, where the
exactMatches are I think fairly accurate. I didn't bother to go deep
into with anything else because I have zero clue about species. I'll add
countries from FAO at some point, but right now as I see it, there are a
bunch of codelists which consists of codes from different geoarea
levels. Just a bit more work but no biggie.

-Sarven