Re: I've built www.vocabs.org - A community driven website that allows you to build RDF vocabularies

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Luca Matteis <lmatteis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. CORS could actually be implemented, but this is
> really only useful if you're wanting to request data using browser-side
> JavaScript. So its application is rather limited, and not a high-priority
> feature imho.
>
> Regarding HTTPS, we're not dealing with highly sensitive material so I
> truly think it's kind of redundant. The data that is transferred is Open
> Data, therefore a MITM attacker would simply gain access to information
> that is already open.

The point of MITM isn't only information disclosure, but in the case of
open data such as vocabularies to intercept and alter the data being
transferred over the wire, which can be potentially damaging effects on the
consumer requesting the data. Imagine for example a system making decision
based on open vocabularies, and getting fooled by someone performing MITM
attack. For example changing the domain/range of properties and impacting
reasoning on the consumer end.

Steph.

--
Steph.