Re: I've built www.vocabs.org - A community driven website that allows you to build RDF vocabularies

From: Luca Matteis <lmatteis@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:42:06 +0100
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
Hi Melvin,

Thanks for your feedback. CORS could actually be implemented, but this is
really only useful if you're wanting to request data using browser-side
JavaScript. So its application is rather limited, and not a high-priority
feature imho.

Regarding HTTPS, we're not dealing with highly sensitive material so I
truly think it's kind of redundant. The data that is transferred is Open
Data, therefore a MITM attacker would simply gain access to information
that is already open.

Hope this may have cleared things. But CORS is definitely on my list of
things to consider implementing :)