From: Paul Wilton <paul.wilton@ontoba.com>
To: Vishal Sinha <vishal.sinha777@yahoo.com>
Cc: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>; "dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net" <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>; "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: DBPedia: http://dbpedia.org/resource/Marcos_Escobedo

Hi Vishalif you are loading the instance data and the dbpedia ontology into a triple store that has RDFS reasoning capability then its because the ontology properties that are typically defined with domains and ranges are misused throughout the dbpedia instance data - which causes instances to be inferred to be the wrong class types. This is prevalent throughout - its a bit of a mess to say the least.

The ontology is best used just as a loose reference guide, not to reason on : )

Paul

Because real data is dirty.