Re: Content negotiation for Turtle files

Bernard, Ivan

(At last! Something I can speak semi-authoritatively on ;P )

@ Bernard - no - there is no reason to go back if you do not want to, and
every reason to serve both formats plus more.

Your comment about UA's complaining about a content negotiation issue is
key to what you're trying to do here. I'd like to provide some clear
guidance or suggestions back, but first, if possible, can you please post
the http request headers for the four (and any others you have) user
agents you've used to attempt to request your rdf+xml files and which have
either choked or accepted the .ttl file. Extra points if you can also post
the server's response headers.

@ Ivan - while I wince a little at the trick - the question comes down to
the same thing - what is the http response header that is sent back to the
client - would be interested to see if in fact what you're doing ISN'T a
"trick" but in fact a compliant way to approach this.

Personally I think you shouldn't actually need to resort to using .var
(which is Apache specific) when what is essentially a content negotiation
issue can simply be configured properly at the server level and thus a
single approach could be used by IIS, Apache, nginx etc.

Look forward to the responses (excuse the pun)

Cheers

Chris

Chris Beer
Manager - Online Services
Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport