Re: Is the same video but in different encodings the owl:sameAs?

Hi Tom,

I am wondering what happens with the Linked Data Principles in the world of HTML video as you described. In [1], one of the basic principles, named "Making URIs Defererenceable", considers the Content Negotiation and states:

"The Web is intended to be an information space that may be used by
humans as well as by machines. Both should be able to retrieve
  representations of resources in a form that meets their needs, such as
 HTML for humans and RDF for machines. This can be achieved using an
HTTP
  mechanism called content negotiation [50]. The basic idea of content negotiation is that HTTP clients send HTTP headers with each request to indicate what kinds of documents
they prefer. Servers can inspect these headers and select an appropriate response. If the headers indicate that the client prefers HTML, then
the server will respond by sending an HTML document. If the client
prefers RDF, then the server will send the client an RDF document."

Does this mean that we need a completely new mechanism for tackling the old problem in a new technology such as HTML5?

Thanks,
Milorad

[1] http://linkeddatabook.com/editions/1.0/