Re: FOAF Editor - was Re: WebID Frustration

Thanks Henry,
Interestingly, I didn't get a sense of what I need from http://my-profile.eu/ or http://data.fm/ .
And I don't really get it from http://stample.co/ (which I hadn't seen).
What I had in mind was more like Melvin's http://foaf.cc/ (which I have just been reminded of).
I think small but perfectly formed is the aim in a lot of this - things that do one thing well.
The sites you mention seem to want to draw me in to their social networking or keeping my data for me.
I spend a lot of my non-SemWeb life avoiding signing up for yet another site that wants to do those things, or give me yet another ID, and so I didn't even feel http://my-profile.eu/ was what I wanted - "Get a WebID Account" was not my aim. And in fact, it doesn't do much except create the WebID, as far as I can tell.
Maybe it is all presentation.
And maybe I am the only one that wants this.
But I have the feeling I would like to be able to point my friends at a simple site like FOAF Me was, that simply lets them create a document, and then tell me the WebID, so that I can use it for their identity.
Maybe Andrei will make that a variant of http://my-profile.eu/ ?
Or someone will pick up https://github.com/melvincarvalho/foafme and run with it (Melvin doesn't have the time).

It seems that FOAF Me (or whatever it should be called) is very much a piece of the sort of eye candy that I could give me friends that even http://my-profile.eu/ doesn't quite hit.

Cheers