Re: WebID Frustration

On 8/7/13 5:55 AM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Thanks Kingsley.
> I agree with all that, but…
>
> On 7 Aug 2013, at 02:07, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>
>   wrote:

>> >WebID is just a moniker for an HTTP URI that denotes an Agent. It's more compact that saying "Personal HTTP URI" or "Agent HTTP URI" etc..
>> >
>> >In addition, a WebID can be used with a variety of authentication protocols. The thinking behind the WebID+TLS protocol simply boils down to using TLS which is widely implemented across existing user agents.

>> >Yes! It is basically a showcase for web-like structured data endowed with machine-comprehensible entity relationship semantics aka. RDF based Linked Data.
> I'm not really talking about showcases - I want to be beyond that.
> I want tools that let me give this stuff to my friends at home, so it gets used!
>
> Best
> Hugh

So I just used the wrong word, I mean the very same thing as you've
outlined above.

When I use words such as demo, showcase, dogfood etc., I actually mean:
putting this stuff to practical use.

The shared Turtle document exercise is an example of how this technology
addresses a real headache (in the form of crowd-sourced data curation).
It demonstrates utilization of Linked Data as a mechanism for Web-scale
verifiable identity to which ACLs and sophisticated data access policies
can be applied :-)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com