Re: WebID Frustration

On 8/6/13 9:49 AM, Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
> "Science fiction (ooh ooh ooh) double feature
> Doctor X (ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature
> See androids fighting (ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet
> Anne Francis stars in (ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet
> Wo oh oh oh oh oh
> At the late night, double feature, picture show"
>
> http://www.deezer.com/album/238003
>
> if you want to hear the full version you're 1 click away with your
> existing google or facebook account.

Gio,

There should be no limitations i.e., no Google, Facebook etc.. It should
simply be a case of verifiable identity that scales to the Web [1] :-)

Examples:

1.
http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/
-- you can see a lot of stuff
2. http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/AmazonS3/ --
mounted S3 folder which has ACLs in place (WebID and other protocols as
the authentication dialog shows)
3. http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/BoxNet/ -- ditto
box.net
4. http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/DropBox/ -- Dropbox
5. http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/GoogleDrive/ --
Google Drive
6. http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/SkyDrive/ --
Microsoft SkyDrive .

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/XZdqYb -- multi-protocol and multi-authentication
protocol example using MediaWiki
2. http://bit.ly/UXZEYV -- Simple Web Identity & Resource Access Control
Exercise / Demo .
3. http://bit.ly/U2uKLI -- Open Identity & Web Resource Access Control
Demo.

Kingsley

> Gio
>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
> <mailto:hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Well, RWW.IO <http://RWW.IO> looked exciting, so I decided to
>     start with it.
>     And it seemed a good idea to have an account, so I decided I would
>     finally create a WebID login - I know that lots of people think
>     that this is the Way Ahead.
>     I have a foaf file (actually more than one), and trawling the web,
>     it seems that I if I have a foaf file I can use it for WebID.
>     I certainly don't want to create it on some other site - I need
>     another account like I need a hole in the head - in fact, that is
>     what is meant to be good about WebID!
>     Surely it isn't "Just one last new account".
>
>     Anyway, you can guess that a while later I still don't seem to
>     have managed it.
>     I have read any number of pages that give me "simple" guides to
>     doing stuff, with links to things that should help, etc. (often dead).
>     I confess that I was definitely looking for the easiest way - for
>     example, downloading a program to run just doesn't seem the sort
>     of thing I want to do for something that is meant to be simple.
>     Sorry if that all sounds provocative, but I am a bit frustrated!
>
>     So have I missed something here?
>     Is there really not a page that will really work for me?
>     I'm using Safari on a Mac, by the way.
>     And I'm trying to login in to https://hugh.rww.io
>
>     Best
>     Hugh