Re: invitation to try ImageSnippets

Hello Kingsley,

I work on that project and will answer your questions.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 01:53:09PM -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> 1. What is the URL of your SPARQL endpoint? -- I ask because the results
> in your SPARQL query form don't expose the actual SPARQL service
> endpoint thereby not allowing me to access data using the
> SPARQL-Protocol URL patterns.

The SPARQL endpoint with triples has the URL

 http://www.imagesnippets.com/sparql/images

and is updated once per day.

The "always current" version with quads has the URL

http://www.imagesnippets.com/sparql/dbpedia

and uses the image URLs as named graph URIs (the default graph is a copy of
DPpedia for technical reasons).

> 2. Are you exposing 5-star Linked Data URIs via this service? -- I ask
> because I took a random URI (plus one for an image I annotated) from
> your sample SPARQL query and passed it through the Vapour Linked Data
> URI verifier, without successful results [1][2].
>
> I ask the question above because you are minting URIs that denote
> entities in a domain controlled by your app/service. Thus, you do have
> the ability to put content negotiation to use by virtue of your URI
> pattern choices. By that I mean, your content negotiation can be
> explicit  (using HTTP response metadata) or implicit (hash based HTTP
> URIs give you that).
>
> For instance, I was able to figure out that by substituting ".png" with
> ".html"  in the URIs generated by your service is how I get to an
> (X)HTML+RDFa document that exposes the RDF metadata for the image I
> uploaded and annotated [3]. I successfully passed the document through
> the W3C RDFa distiller to get a Turtle based description document [4].

Let me be sure I understand you: You took the image URLs and expected something
else than an image to be served at those URLs ? Perhaps a 303 to the (X)HTML+
RDFa document when such a content type is requested ? Wouldn't a "Link:" HTTP
header with rel=meta be better ?

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--