Re: Publication of scientific research

Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@iscb.org> writes:
> I'm involved in the organization of a couple of conferences and workshops.
> You do need a template, as without this it's hard to have homogenous
> submissions (even for simple things as page, or html equivalent,
> length).

It's worth thinking about homogeneity. I would posit that the article is
more important than the journal or conference in this day and age.
Consider these papers:

Histone Variant H2A.Z Regulates Centromere Silencing and
Chromosome Segregation in Fission Yeast

http://www.jbc.org/content/285/3/1909.full

Centromere Silencing and Function in Fission Yeast Is Governed by the
Amino Terminus of Histone H3

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982203007000

WDHD1 modulates the post-transcriptional step
of the centromeric silencing pathway

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/01/25/nar.gkq1338.full

All about roughly the same thing. All with different formats and
representation. Do this really hinder my understanding of them? Or
prevent me from judging one against the other.

Phil