Re: Publication of scientific research

On 04/26/2013 01:26 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 4/25/13 7:04 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ok, from this the previous Kingsley post, you suggest metadata as
>> annotation, and not structuring the content of the paper per se.
>> Maybe one idea could be to provide a (x)html+RDFa (or even only a
>> Turtle) template to fill for the submission. This, we can do...
>> Should we draft one ?
>
> I suggest you do. Ideally, using the file create, save, and share
> pattern. As part of this effort, you can apply ACLs to the published
> Turtle docs such that resource privileges can be scoped to specific
> identities or groups of identities.
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://bit.ly/QUfkJ6 -- using WebID and RDF based entity relationship
> semantics to drive Web resource access control.

Kingsley, I'm all in agreement with you that those are awesome things to
have lined up for us to get the best out of the full stack that everyone
is working on.

However, I have to slightly deter with you on our priorities.

In my opinion, the biggest "win" (and perhaps the least amount of effort
from a technical perspective, though I could be wrong on this) is to get
conferences accept the "papers" in Web friendly formats. We first need a
"go ahead". I strongly believe that our primary pain points are social,
not technical. To prove my point, lets see if and how [1] unfolds.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2013Apr/0359.html

-Sarven