Re: Publication of scientific research

On 04/26/2013 01:04 AM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
> ok, from this the previous Kingsley post, you suggest metadata as annotation, and not structuring the content of the paper per se.
> Maybe one idea could be to provide a (x)html+RDFa (or even only a Turtle) template to fill for the submission. This, we can do...
> Should we draft one ?

Drafting an XHTML+RDFa template plus the CSS which gives a view like in
ACM or LNCS templates is not the core problem at hand. In fact, I've
already created and used them in the past [1], [2] - print view in
Firefox or Chromium (layout may require some updates). Surely, they can
be improved but it is a pretty good starting point in my point.

If conferences are not welcoming XHTML+RDFa as one of (if not the only)
formats, there is no point in investing more time.

IMO, it would be great to get some "official" responses to [3] and then
we can follow through as to what's really needed to keep everyone happy.

[1] http://csarven.ca/graphpusher
[2] http://csarven.ca/statistical-linked-dataspaces
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2013Apr/0359.html

-Sarven