Re: Publication of scientific research

On 4/25/13 7:04 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, from this the previous Kingsley post, you suggest metadata as annotation, and not structuring the content of the paper per se.
> Maybe one idea could be to provide a (x)html+RDFa (or even only a Turtle) template to fill for the submission. This, we can do...
> Should we draft one ?

I suggest you do. Ideally, using the file create, save, and share
pattern. As part of this effort, you can apply ACLs to the published
Turtle docs such that resource privileges can be scoped to specific
identities or groups of identities.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/QUfkJ6 -- using WebID and RDF based entity relationship
semantics to drive Web resource access control.

Kingsley

> ciao,
> Andrea
>
> Il giorno 25/apr/2013, alle ore 19:46, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> ha scritto:
>
>> On 04/25/2013 04:57 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Ok, let's take a practical step.
>>> Let's assume we are going to open a call for a workshop and there we ask
>>> for "structured information". Which steps do we take and what do we need?
>>>
>>> If we want to move one step at a time, we would still need a site to
>>> handle the submission/review process (you cannot rely on online feedback
>>> for accepting/rejecting papers with no bias in a given timeframe).
>>> Something like easychair accepts the upload of extra files, so that
>>> could be used already off the shelf.
>>>
>>> Second, we need to specify where and how Redfin should be used. If we
>>> are in the sw/ld area, what for? We may ask for Uris for:
>>> Citations
>>> Authors
>>> Tools? Ontologies?
>>>
>>> What else ?
>>>
>>> Take for example the papers here:
>>>
>>> http://www.jbiomedsem.com/series/SWAT4LSCSHALS
>>>
>>> What would you propose for this kind o research?
>> It could be practically anything that the authors find worthwhile to have an URI for discovery. In addition to Kingsley's points, here are mine:
>>
>> * Problems, hypothesis, contributions, claims, results, conclusions
>> * If in the form of a blog post, comments, replies, reviews etc. on the page could be invaluable.
>> * Licensing
>>
>> There is also some excellent work done with SPAR (Semantic Publishing and Referencing Ontologies) [1], [2].
>>
>> [1] http://sempublishing.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sempublishing/SPAR/
>> [2] http://opencitations.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/introducing-the-semantic-publishing-and-referencing-spar-ontologies/
>>
>> -Sarven

Founder & CEO