Re: Searching for LOV responsibles : the Drake equation

Hello all

I let the experiment run two months more than expected, so it's time to
make a point

In the document at http://bit.ly/WB0ad5 we have as of today 67 vocabularies
out of 316 listed (21%) with a declared responsible/curator. Note that
since the doc was open, 25 more vocabularies have been added to the LOV
data base but not to the spreadsheet (to do). The spreadsheet is kept open
so if you have second thoughts you can still add/modify/delete entries.
Doing so please don't forget to fill the "responding date" column.

I think the results are not that bad, given that this file contains only a
part of the many people we have been in contact since the beginning of the
LOV project, the number of which I'm trying now to figure by scanning
hundreds of messages, to get internally a consolidated list of responsible
agents.

The idea behind all this is to set up some sort of social layer over the
LOV ecosystem. Not sure right now what will be the right tool to achieve
that. I started months ago a G+ community which quickly gathered over a
hundred of inscriptions, but which has no real activity.

All ideas welcome.

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant