Re: Content negotiation negotiation

On 4/23/13 4:23 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Ah, thanks for the Web101 course.:-)
> Sorry, I usually live in a Linked Data world, so I don't think about html stuff such as
> <link rel="alternate" …
> because (like the header) it doesn't appear in the RDF.
>
> On 23 Apr 2013, at 20:54, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>
>   wrote:

>> >Assuming I understand your question, the answer would depend on the capabilities of your RDF store. If it can injest RDF resource URLs you can request the formats exposed on the "Link:" responses.  If it handles SPARQL 1.1 INSERT and/or LOAD just use SPARQL.
> I don't think I can use the SPARQL INSERT, etc, because it isn't RDF.
> Is the <link rel="alternate" available anywhere as RDF?
> It could be returned with the RDF forhttp://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton
> Better still, it could be available in the voiD description (so that it is site-oriented, not resource-oriented)?
> Or somewhere else?
> Cheers

Okay, now that <link/>, "Link:", and SPARQL aren't options, of course
you can get it from the RDF that describes
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton>, see:
http://dbpedia.org/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FLuton&gp=8&go=

We use the wdrs:desribedby relation for that :-)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen