Re: SPARQL, philosophy n'stuff..

Kingsley,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Kingsley Idehen
<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> The global Web is a functional Data Space equipped with a declarative query
> language based on the Web's architectural essence (URIs and HTTP). It can
> work, and will work. The challenge is getting folks to hone in to what
> possible circa. 2013 :-)

I can accept that definition of "query language", and agree... but
don't believe we need a separate query language to do these new
things.

The original query language you describe is what makes the Web, the
Web. We can't just swap it out and expect the resulting architecture
to still be the Web and exhibit its same desirable architectural
properties.

There are solutions to these problems within the constraints of REST.
Let's explore those first before jumping to the conclusion that we
need to expose SPARQL.

Mark.