Re: Restpark - Minimal RESTful API for querying RDF triples

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luca,
>
> In the past I have suggested a simple way to create simple restful services
> based on SPARQL. This could easily be implemented as an extension to your
> beginning of restpark.
>
> The idea is to have the definition of a service be a sparql query with
> blanks, and possibly some extra annotations.

That's essentialy what we called "SPARQL Stored Procedures" in Kasabi.
SPARQL queries bound to URIs with parameters injected from query
string. We also had transformation of results using XSLT. Swirrl have
implemented this as "named queries" [1], and I used their name when
writing up the pattern [2].

One set of annotations I'm planning on adding to sparql-doc are the
parameters that need to be injected and, optionally, a path to bind
the query to when mounted. The goal being to allow a package of
queries to be mounted at a URL and used as named queries.

[1]. http://blog.swirrl.com/articles/new-publishmydata-feature-named-queries
[2]. http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/named-query.html
[3]. http://blog.ldodds.com/2013/01/30/sparql-doc/

Cheers,