Re: Free Linked Open Data Webinar on Virtuoso Column Store

On 4/15/13 8:58 AM, Thomas Thurner wrote:
> Hi,
> (Apologies for cross-posting)
>
> What: LOD2 webinar series - Virtuoso Column Store
> Who : Orri Erling and Hugh Williams, OpenLink Software
>
> On 30.04.2013 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM CEST the LOD2 project (http://lod2.eu) will offer a free one-hour webinar on "Virtuoso Column Store" (Orri Erling and Hugh Williams, OpenLink Software)
>
> This webinar in the course of the LOD2 webinar series will present Virtuoso Column Store, Adaptive Techniques for RDF Graph Databases. In this webinar we shall discuss the application of column store techniques to both graph (RDF) and relational data for mixed work-loads ranging from lookup to analytics.
>
> If you are interested in Linked (Open) Data principles and mechanisms, LOD tools & services and concrete use cases that can be realised using LOD then join us in the LOD2 webinar series!
>
> When : 30.04.2013 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM CEST
> Information & free Registration: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/506548519
>
> The LOD2 team is looking forward to meeting you at the webinar!! All the best and have a nice day!
>

> Thomas Thurner
> Head of Transfer
> Semantic Web Company GmbH
> Mariahilfer Straße 70 / 8
> A - 1070 Vienna, Austria
> Tel +43 1 402 12 35 - 31
> Fax +43 1 402 12 35 - 22
> Mobile +43 664 88679980
>
> http://www.semantic-web.at
> http://blog.semantic-web.at
> http://poolparty.biz
>
> LOD2 - Creating Knowledge out of Interlinked Data - http://lod2.eu/

A little addition, this webinar will also cover the implications
Virtuoso Column-Store on performance and scalability challenges
associated with RDF management and Data as a Service (DaaS) deployments.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/ZkwPnt -- recent CWI press release following completion
of lab tests on Virtuoso 7.0
2. http://bit.ly/14ULX2F -- LOD2 detailed BSBM benchmark report with