Re: Ann: COLD - Coloring the Data Web

Hi Martin,
Brilliant initiative!
So many steps forward for Linked Data over this weekend.
I have hacked sameAs.org to conform to what will clearly become a crucial standard.
However, this has exposed what may be a shortcoming.
Your colours (sic) are related to the IR; but would it not be much better if they related to the NIR?
You will see that www.sameas.org/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Edinburgh illustrates the point.
(and takes rather a while to load, while it finds all the colours and renders the stuff!)
Would it not be better if COLD was "sameAs" aware?
You could query sameAs.org and find the colour of the canonical URI (the foaf:primaryTopic in the RDF), and render that colour for any of the URIs?
Or maybe offer it as an option.
I think I will go to only showing the colour for the main URI soon, as the intention is clearly to establish colour association in the user's mind.

One day we will be able to dispense with URIs altogether and just use colours!

>>> [2]http://purl.org/colors
>>> [3]http://aksw.org/Projects/CubeViz