Re: Tabels: reconciling tabular formats and linked data

On 10/16/12 5:16 AM, Alfonso Noriega wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are happy to announce the release of Tabels [1].
>
> Tabels is a tool aiming to bridge the gap between tabular formats and
> linked data. Tabels is able to process spreadsheets, csv files, but
> also other tabular formats: statistical oriented ones (PC-Axis),
> analysis tool formats, shapefiles (GIS) and so on.
>
> Moreover, Tabels offers the posibility to disambiguate terms extracted
> from the input files against online datasets such as DBPedia (see an
> example at [2]), publishing and relating information from offline
> sources to the Linked Data cloud. Furthermore, the RDF datasets
> generated by Tabels can be extended or manipulated by means of
> declarative directives (based on the Jena rules engine and the SPARQL
> 1.1 interface).
>
> Tabels is more than a transformation tool and it is geared with
> data-sensitive front-end widgets to facilitate end users the
> exploitation and exploration of data: namely, chart views, faceted
> views, interactive charts and maps and sparql endpoint.
>
> Please give Tabels a try on our online demo service [1] and tell us
> about your experience. Any feedback is more than welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alfonso Noriega Meneses.
>
> [1] http://idi.fundacionctic.org/tabels/
> [2] http://idi.fundacionctic.org/tabels/project/imdb/index
>
> --
> Alfonso Noriega
> CTIC - Technological Center
> Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Gijón
> C/ Ada Byron, 39 Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
> 33203 Gijón - Asturias - Spain
> Tel.: +34 984 29 12 12
> Fax: +34 984 39 06 12
> E-mail: alfonso.noriega@fundacionctic.org
> http://www.fundacionctic.org
> Privacy Policy: http://www.fundacionctic.org/privacidad

Impressed!

See: http://idi.fundacionctic.org/tabels/project/kidehen/resource/ACIW .

Uploaded NASDAQ companies table and got some nice Linked Data with ease!

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen