Re: DBpedia Data Quality Evaluation Campaign

Interesting approach.

The classification of errors seems like a reasonably complicated task for crowd sourcing. Have you thought about a few gold standard examples to help train new workers?  i.e. ones where you know the answer and can tell them if they got it right or wrong.

You might also get better results if you present the worker with a side by side comparison of the original page and the extraction. I think this would help in two ways (1) make clear the point that it is about extraction accuracy - i.e. they are comparing one with another and, (2) help in cases such as truncated text (which appears to be one of your error types) - we only know if it was truncated during extraction if we can see the source (it might just have been that way in the source).

(I believe you can even get provenance information about the location in a page a triple was extracted from so you could even line it up for them! [1]).

I might also suggest that you split each task down to a single triple at a time so that each task is smaller/easier - I'm not sure(though I may be wrong) that there is any benefit from showing the whole page of extracted triples in one go.

Interested to see how this works out!

Best,
Matthew

[1] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Datasets#h18-18