Re: Decommissioning a linked data site

On 30 May 2012 11:57, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote:
> Seems to me that the crucial bit of information that the data
> which is served by your site now can be got much better by
> going th LoC site woul dbe nice to have in machine readable
> form.
>
> One idea is *leaving* it in CKAN but mark it
> as historical so it can be a place o make the pointer the
> the superceding point.  The entry could be a sort of rallying

I'm +1 on this. And think it interesting to think about how to handle
this nicely.

> point for people who were interested in the data.
> In a way, the CKAN entry has an added value once you are gone.
> I don't know if CKAN has that facility.

You can definitely keep the dataset entry on CKAN there. We don't have
it now but one could introduce a special state of "archived" which
would then mean that the entry was kept but clearly marked as
archived.

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation