Cultural Heritage Data

From: Dominic Oldman <DOLDMAN@thebritishmuseum.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:10:57 +0100
To: <public-lod@w3.org>
Hugh suggested that I post this.

We are currently working with other museums aligning our catalogue data
using the CIDOC-CRM ontology. We can now run single federated queries
based on semantic alignment without the need to insert specific linking
triples. When we applied to advertise our site on the LOD cloud we were
turned down because we hadn't inserted specific links to other data
sources. I realise that I could just stuff in a few links to Dbpedia to
get accepted -  but given that we can harmonise data to a very high
degree with another open CRM RDF data source perhaps we should still be
allowed formal acceptance to the open data community.

Dominic Oldman

Deputy Head of IS

IS Development Manager

ResearchSpace Principal Investigator