Re: Vocabulary for Research/Education institutions?

On May 9, 2012, at 13:41  - 09/05/12, Michael Hopwood wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Have you seen RBKExplorer? http://www.rkbexplorer.com/explorer/#display=project-{http%3A//wiki.rkbexplorer.com/id/resist}
>
> I think Hugh Glaser has done quite a lot of work on this.
Yes, I'm familiar with that, but it is still too "high level". It doesn't really go into the structure of the Organizations.

> Hi Daniel,
>
> you may have a look at the Linked Open Vocabularies (LOV) and in particular at search feature. e.g. for college http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/search/#s=college.
>
> you will see that many vocabularies are waiting for you.
>
> Best,
>
> Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche.
Thanks for the tip, very nice tool!

> Hi Daniel, you may want to check the VIVO ontology:
> http://vivoweb.com/download
>
> Best,
> Carlo
Yes, it does indeed look promising. We'll look into it!

Thanks all for the replies (so far)!

Cheers