Re: From Open Database Connectivity to Open Data Connectivity

On 30/03/2012 22:37, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 3/30/12 5:08 PM, Barry Norton wrote:
>> I'd like to see something like "saves you from having to re-invent
>> keys".
>
> Linked Data does just that.

Precisely. But I wouldn't (with my old ODBC developer hat on) have got
it from your text.

(I understand that it's a different thing you were aiming at with the
mention of URIBurner, and...)

> What I didn't go into (deliberately) in the post is the ability to
> build Linked Data views over relational data sources using R2RML [3].

Also true. In this context that could be a lot more comprehensible and
relevant (not putting down URIBurner and similar services).

Barry