Re: Thought: 207 Description Follows

Kjetil,

On 28 Mar 2012, at 14:21, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Wednesday 28. March 2012 08.52.12 Jonathan A Rees wrote:
>> The reason I prepared the survey is because the same ideas keep coming
>> up over and over again in this context, and, understandably, quite
>> often people coming into the discussion aren't aware of what has come
>> before in its ten-year history.
>
> I am aware of the critisism that it is hard to deploy. However, what I not
> aware of is work around *why* typical web hosters find it hard to deploy.

I don't think it's web *hosters* who would find it hard to deploy, rather that people who just want to publish some data on some tiny patch of web space that they "own", often actually run by outsourced IT departments, do not typically have access to either the software running on the servers (to upgrade it) or to the configuration files that would enable them to change status codes (or add headers for that matter).

Cheers,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison