Re: Thought: 207 Description Follows

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I hope it is OK that I just burst in here without having followed the
> discussion. Admittedly, I haven't been terribly interested, I've always
> enjoyed the 303 dance, I wrote the code and it was easy, and the IR/NIR
> distinction has always served me well. However, I also see that it is a bit
> painful to have to do follow a redirect, both for end users and for code, and
> the bit about cachability, CORS problems, etc makes it clear there is room for
> improvement.
>
> So, how about a new HTTP response code, e.g. 207 Description Follows?

This has been suggested many times and is one of the options listed in
my survey, see http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/latest/#status-code
.

The reason I prepared the survey is because the same ideas keep coming
up over and over again in this context, and, understandably, quite
often people coming into the discussion aren't aware of what has come
before in its ten-year history. I hope it is helpful should you decide
to prepare a change proposal.

Jonathan