Re: NIR SIDETRACK Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On 3/27/12 9:02 AM, Jonathan A Rees wrote:
> A prime example is any DOI,
> e.g.
>
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000462
>
> (try doing conneg for RDF).
I don't always have to seek or need RDF. I just need structured data. I
can make Linked Data from non RDF resources.

See:

1.
http://uriburner.com/about/html/http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000462
-- a basic description
2.
http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000462
-- an inferred description.

You can use the rules of HttpRange-14 combined with the rules of Linked
Data to make a description oriented representation. Of course, I am
doing translation and inference, but that's only possible due to the
ground rules that are already in place etc..

Thus, we have an identifier associated with data that's ended up being
interpreted courtesy of key ground rules from HttpRange-14 findings and
Linked Data principles.

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com