Re: Google and the Googlization of the semantic web

On 3/26/12 3:53 PM, ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program wrote:
> See:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304459804577281842851136290.html
>
> The clock is ticking now and it seems Google will soon take over
> semantic web technologies, or not?
>
> With the new privacy universal agreement introduced at the beginning
> of March this year by Google it was only logical that semantic search
> would be added to expand the data mining tool kit to optimize the
> utilization of user generated trails of web use.
>
> And what will happen to the envisioned academic uses of semantic web
> technologies and linked data?
>
> Are we facing a world according to Google (and FaceBook etc.)?

Of course not!

Get yourself a WebID and enjoy the Web on your own terms :-)

Links:

1. http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID - WebID information Wiki .

Kingsley

> Milton Ponson
> GSM: +297 747 8280
> PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
> Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
> Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for
> sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide by creating ICT
> tools for NGOs worldwide and: providing online access to web sites and
> repositories of data and information for sustainable development

> the system manager. This message contains confidential information and
> is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen