Middle ground change proposal for httpRange-14

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:54:13 -0400
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: public-lod community <public-lod@w3.org>
Jeni, Ian, Leigh, Nick, Hugh, Steve, Masahide, Gregg, Niklas, Jerry,
Dave, Bill, Andy, John, Ben, Damian, Thomas, Ed Summers and Davy,

I have drafted what I think may represent a middle ground change
proposal and I am wondering if something along this line would also meet
your concerns:

Highlights of this proposal:
 - It enables a URI owner to unambiguously convey any URI definition to
an interested client.
 - It does not constrain whether or how a client will use that or any
other URI definition, as that is the client's business.
 - It retains the existing httpRange-14 rule.
 - It also permits the use of an HTTP 200 response with RDF content as a
means of conveying a URI definition.
 - It provides guidelines for avoiding confusion and inconsistencies,
while acknowledging the burden those guidelines place on URI owners.
 - It encourages URI owners to publish URI definitions even if those URI
definitions are not perfect.

It also includes numerous other clarifications.

Would something along these lines also meet your concerns?

David Booth, Ph.D.

reflect those of his employer.