Middle ground change proposal for httpRange-14

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:54:13 -0400
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: public-lod community <public-lod@w3.org>
Jeni, Ian, Leigh, Nick, Hugh, Steve, Masahide, Gregg, Niklas, Jerry,
Dave, Bill, Andy, John, Ben, Damian, Thomas, Ed Summers and Davy,

I have drafted what I think may represent a middle ground change
proposal and I am wondering if something along this line would also meet
your concerns:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/UriDefinitionDiscoveryProtocol

Highlights of this proposal:
 - It enables a URI owner to unambiguously convey any URI definition to
an interested client.
 - It does not constrain whether or how a client will use that or any
other URI definition, as that is the client's business.
 - It retains the existing httpRange-14 rule.
 - It also permits the use of an HTTP 200 response with RDF content as a
means of conveying a URI definition.
 - It provides guidelines for avoiding confusion and inconsistencies,
while acknowledging the burden those guidelines place on URI owners.
 - It encourages URI owners to publish URI definitions even if those URI
definitions are not perfect.

It also includes numerous other clarifications.

Would something along these lines also meet your concerns?

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/

reflect those of his employer.