Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On 3/24/12 6:28 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> I don't believe we'll ever come up with a clear distinction between
> 'description' and 'representation', such that we can say "look, Dan's
> homepage, you get a proper representation of it across the wire, ...
> whereas a physical book, you're merely getting a description".
BTW - great post!

Re. the above, how about seeing a 'description' as a kind of
'representation'. Thus, you can have 'representations' of web pages
which are Web medium artifacts and 'descriptions' for everything else
that isn't a Web medium artifact. Likewise, we can even get folks to
accept/understand that 'definitions' are a kind of 'description' too.

Underutilized predicates such as: wdrs:describedby and
rdfs:isDefinedBy, capture the semantics of the statement above. Ditto
partitioning of relations across the TBox and Abox in knowledge management.

Links:

1.
http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-description-and-vs-definition/

Founder&  CEO