Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14 (What about 404 on Semantic Web?)

Hi all,

I noticed that there are general discussion about using the "described by"
relationship in 200 OK, here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ognNNOIcghga9ltQdoi-CvbNS8q-dOzJjhMutJ7_vZo/edit

I would like to point out that other than the 200OK and 303 See Other, we
also should consider the 404 on semantic web.

If a document returned follow the "described by" 200 OK, if we cannot find
the URI in the returned document (e.g. RDF), it should result a 404 too.

Regards,
Yang Yang

http://www.iamresearcher.com/profiles/yang2/

Web and Internet Science