Re: [lod2] World Bank Linked Data

Hi Sarven,
That's great.
I have added your owl:sameAs links to sameAs.org
(I read your Terms of Use, which seemed to a allow it, but if you want I can remove them.)
(http://sameas.org/?uri=http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/AD)
Really gives a sense of the linkage in the LD cloud on countries.

I think it is worth reminding people of a previous word of warning I raised last year.
The country links (and maybe others) are still wrong in dbpedia _ this relates to the assertion of the nytimes data.
So people should be aware that if they Follow Your Nose from
http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/AD
via your sameAs to
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Andorra
and then follow the sameAs links there, they will end up at
http://data.nytimes.com/6156243861971791401, which is
"La Paz (Bolivia)".
I actually suspect that this means that you can Follow Your Nose to get most countries of the world the same, bouncing backwards and forwards between NYT and dbpedia, but haven't investigated!*
The dbpedia people know about it, and do intend to fix it, but at the moment you can't trust their sameAs links.

Best
Hugh

PS, I think this will bounce from the LOD2 list, but if someone wants to forward it that's fine.

* Well maybe not, but there are some interesting clusters.
Eg a quick FYN gives
http://dbpedia.org/resource/La_Paz
http://data.nytimes.com/N12815263265301573211
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Gros_Morne_National_Park

On 16 Mar 2012, at 11:33, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 3/16/12 12:29 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>> On 12-02-29 08:53 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>>> http://worldbank.270a.info/
>>
>> For those still interested in this WBLD stuff, I've made a lot of updates. Boring stuff aside, I've added three newly released financial datasets, dumps for all the data, and a spanking new logo!
>>
>> From here on end, I'll announce updates on the website, or elsewhere on the InterWebs. You can also ping me.
>>
>> And now, I will go catch several big zeds followed with several small zeds.
>>
>> -Sarven
>>

> Great stuff!
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder&  CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

Hugh Glaser,
             Web and Internet Science
             Electronics and Computer Science,
             University of Southampton,
             Southampton SO17 1BJ
Work: +44 23 8059 3670, Fax: +44 23 8059 3045
Mobile: +44 75 9533 4155 , Home: +44 23 8061 5652
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~hg/