Re: Callimachus Day Today

Hi Kingsley,

On Mar 7, 2012, at 12:09, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 3/7/12 12:06 PM, David Wood wrote:
>>
>> Callimachus requires a single local RDF store for its own data storage and it connects to that local store via various Sesame SAILs.  Our work to connect to AllegroGraph will probably result in more detailed implementation documentation for third parties.
>
> Since you connect with Sesame SAILs, and a native provider [1] exists for Virtuoso's graph store, you should be set :-)

Perhaps.  We make heavy use of an auditing SAIL, which most people haven't implemented.  We also need some SPARQL extensions that we use for keyword searches (in lieu of a separate full-text search engine).  There are some other bits and pieces.

More to the point, though, we don't gain much (if anything) from trying to support every RDF store.  We haven't pursued Mulgara for example, in spite of my personal history with the project and its predecessors.  Instead, we are commercially driven to support those stores that help us make income.  That's how we ended up with OWLIM and AllegroGraph.

If the presence of Callimachus helps Virtuoso or vice versa, then we'll do it right away.  If not, you are welcome to and we will help, but it is not an immediate priority for us.

We regard the Open Source version of Callimachus to be a community project.  Please feel free to join in!

Regards,
Dave