Re: Reuse

From: Barry Norton <barry.norton@ontotext.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:58:45 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 21/06/2012 10:53, Juan Sequeda wrote:

> Problem: I'm a webmaster and I want to integrate with facebook,
> twitter, search engines. That means that I have to add all these tags
> and duplicate my data to keep all of these services happy. I don't
> want to do that. But I do want to have integration with these
> services. What can I do?
>
> Solution: Service FooBar will automatically do the "duplication" for
> you. Choose your favorite vocabulary, just tag your data once, and we
> will do the rest.
>
> Service FooBar does the reasoning.

That's a lot of integration work (plug-ins for every CMS and e-Commerce
platform) to solve a problem that doesn't (need to) exist.

It is rather funny though - if we're not going to (directly) get the
(open) graph that we want, we'll use our technology to let any number of
corporates build their (closed) graphs.

Barry