Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

No silly data-silo games, even in the name of gammification :-)

We in the choir have no problem with that.  But I think Barry's other (implied) question around provenance is critical too.  There are many sly commercial tricks to pump up the apparent volatility of a dataset, including adding unlinked identifiers.  I agree the data should be consolidated in the Cloud, but with versions - start use, end use replace with, etc., so the data can learn instead of educate (with perhaps a whole different conclusion in an hour)