Re: Simple Linked Data Publishing For Non Programmers

hi,

+1 (actually +a couple more) for your initiatives.

i think, however that there's one important point missing :
why [1], "why should one do something like that"

this [2] shows quite well, why i'm using linked data. i'm just a one man
company, but i'm

- NOT going to have multiple lists of my personal, profile
- NOT going to have multiple lists of customers, i'm dealing with
- NOT going to have multiple lists of terms, i use
- NOT going to have multiple lists of locations, i need
- NOT going to have multiple lists of anything

- NOT going to have multiple formats, i have to write an own access api
for
- NOT going to write an own frontend for every dataformat in use.

what i DO gonna have is the possibility to connect and enrich all data,
not only within my domains, but also to other data hubs.

note : i started my programming career with one very big austrian
company. one task was to find out how much is company "xyz" buying.
however company "xyz" was in the database as "x y z", "XyZ", "xy Z",
"xYz"... that's not going to happen to me...

wkr turnguard

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02SihR324A [ ;-) ]
[2] http://visualization.turnguard.com/protovis/sunburst.html

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 13:31 -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> All,
>
> One of the fundamental misconceptions about Linked Data is the
> assumption that Web-scale publication is a complex process, utterly
> beyond the capabilities of end-users that are already capable of
> creating, editing, and saving a document to a local or network drive.
>
> I've written a detailed post [1] showcasing how anyone can publish
> Linked Data via a Turtle document using Web resource storage and
> sharing services provided by the likes of: DropBox, Amazon S3,
> Box.net, Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive, and our own ODS-Briefcase
> (aka. ODrive).
>
> This guide shows how the following items simply never need to show up
> at the front door of Linked Data deployment narratives targeting
> decision makers, end-users, and systems integrators (plumbers who mesh
> or mash components together):
>
> 1. content negotiation
> 2. httpRange-14 and 303 redirection
> 3. web server administration.
>
> In a nutshell, Linked Data publishing is much easier than HTML
> publishing while also delivering superior benefits re., ability to
> find relevant data, information, and knowledge, with ever increasing
> precision and serendipity.
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://bit.ly/LNIeLj  -- Simple Linked Data Deployment via Turtle
> Docs & Storage Services .
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION