Re: Introducing Semgel, a semantic database app for gathering & analyzing data from websites

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:28:55 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 7/19/12 8:37 PM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

>     Remember, this is the Linked Open Data (LOD) forum. We've long
>     past the issue of *demand driven* over here, re. Linked Data.
>

> There's a difference between solving an issue and just refusing to
> address it any more. Pity there isn't a another forum for generating
> actual demand as reliably as this one supplies scorn.

Glenn,

When someone posts an technology announcement to a Linked Data oriented
forum isn't is reasonable to assume said announcement would be Linked
Data related?

All I sought was Linked Data only to get push-back about lack of demand
for Linked Data. The principles that define the Linked Data meme are
crystal clear. Thus, I would expect anyone announcing a product on this
forum to at least do so knowing that adherence to those principles would
be the very first thing members would test.

What do you mean by "actual demand?"

In my case, I was expecting a Linked Data URI, and I don't think the
demand for that is a subject of useful debate, over here.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com