Re: Finding a SPARQL endpoint by an LOD URI?

On Wednesday 4. July 2012 08.45.24 Heiko Paulheim wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Heiko!

> I am wondering whether there is a way of finding a SPARQL endpoint for
> an LOD URI, i.e., a function f that behaves like
> f(<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Darmstadt>) = <http://dbpedia.org/sparql>

You may be interested in my paper to the LAPIS workshop on ESWC:
http://folk.uio.no/kjekje/2012/hypermedia-rdf.pdf
with slides:
http://folk.uio.no/kjekje/2012/lapis2012.xhtml

In there, I advocate that timbl's requirement would be satisfied in a
RESTful manner if everyone linked to a VoID description (like the VoIDists
already responded), or failing that, adding these two triples to every
description, e.g.

<> void:inDataset [ void:sparqlEndpoint </sparql> ] .

My own implementation does this now by default:
https://metacpan.org/module/RDF::LinkedData
as can be seen here:
http://data.lenka.no/geo/inndeling/03/0301/data

Cheers,