Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

From: Jens Lehmann <lehmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:41:18 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org

Dear Melvin,

Am 22.06.2012 10:10, schrieb Melvin Carvalho:

> Game feedback.
>
> In general it's a great game.  Nice look.  Nice sounds.  Nice
> animations.  "Angry peas" style.
>
> Some important things:

[...]
> In general : making good games is HARD, but can be hugely rewarding.
> Linked data is uniquely placed to make games at web scale.  The first
> people to crack this are on to something very big.  But you have to try
> and capture modern social mechanics.  A great can take linked data to
> the next level, and virally bootstrap web 2.0 if done right.  This
> effort was a really good try, lots of the hard parts are done, but still
> some ways to go.

Thanks for all your feedback and pointers. I wasn't able to watch the
Jesse Schell videos in full so far, but the parts I watched were highly
entertaining and insightful, so I put them on my "to watch" list. I
pretty much agree with most of the comments you made. We already
brainstormed how to address some of the issues and improve. I believe we
came up with some interesting ideas, which we will post as soon as we
have something to show. (Disclaimer: That could take a while.)

Kind regards,

Jens

--
Dr. Jens Lehmann
Head of AKSW/MOLE group, University of Leipzig