Re: status and problems on sematicweb.org

Hi Dieter:
> Small? The community around big data is exponentially growing.

I meant that the number of people contributing serious content to the semanticweb.org wiki is still fairly small.
I dont think that more than 50 people world-wide account for 98% of the non-malicious edits over the past 12 months.

So besides a slightly optimistic climate for semantic technology in general, the current spam issues around the community wiki really don't need more than a very pragmatic solution at the social level. This should be sufficient to keep that valuable resource in shape.

Best

Martin

On Jan 13, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Dieter Fensel wrote:

> At 09:58 AM 1/13/2012, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>>> 1. Try to remove the recent spam
>>> 2. Enforce a strict registration schema and allow edits only to
>>> registered participants.
>>>
>>> I think the community is small enough
>
> Small? The community around big data is exponentially growing.
>
> --
> Dieter Fensel
> Director STI Innsbruck, University of Innsbruck, Austria
> http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/
> phone: +43-512-507-6488/5, fax: +43-512-507-9872

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org