Re: RDFa in HTML5

Hi!

We've recently added some examples on how to mark up web pages using
our controlled vocabulary for e-gov (Vocabulário Controlado de Governo
Eletrônico - VCGE). The examples include HTML5 + RDFa 1.1, HTML5 +
RDFa Lite 1.1 and HTML5 + Microdata, and we'd like to check if it's
correct.

For instance, if a webpage is about Education, it would be marked up like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
  <title>Página sobre Educação</title>
content="http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#educacao" />
</head>

Since there's no "about" attribute to set the subject in this example,
it is assumed to be the current document. Thus, the following triple
would be generated:

<> dcterms:subject <http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#educacao> .

In RDFa Lite, we followed the example set in its current draft
document by using schema.org:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
  <title>Página sobre Educação</title>
content="http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#educacao" />
</head>

I think this would generate the following triple:

<> <http://schema.org/about> <http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#educacao> ..

Finally, using Microdata, we can't just assume the current document is
the subject like in RDFa, and the itemscope has to be set explicitly;
The empty itemid would indicate the current document:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage" itemid="">
  <title>Página sobre Educação</title>
content="http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#educacao" />
</head>

I checked the URL with Google Rich Snippets and it did indeed find the
Microdata item like this (the page is marked up using both RDFa 1.1
and Microdata):

Item
http://schema.org/about = http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge#esquema

You can check how our controlled vocabulary is presented as well as
the examples in the following URL: http://vocab.e.gov.br/2011/03/vcge

Comments, suggestions, and especially corrections are welcome.

Best regards,
Augusto Herrmann
Open Data Team
Ministry of Planning, Budget & Management - Brazil