Re: How do OBO ontologies work on the LOD?

Hi Alan,

I think I have figured out what was happening.

This page should point to the obolibrary version of the ontology
http://obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=hymenoptera_anatomy

Also Google Chrome interprets the obolibrary owl files below as being a RSS
feed which suggests that the server might not have the correct mime type
setting.

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl

The Vapour Validator and Sindice issues still exit with URI's like
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/HAO_0000148 , but I see why we were
disagreeing :-)

In summary:

All the previous OBO ontologies that had URI's like this
http://purl.org/obo/owl/HAO#HAO_0001313

Now have obolibrary URI's like this
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/HAO_0001313

Which means that the Vapour and Sindice issues are not with OBO URI's in
general but with how each ontology deals with these requests.

Since the request for rdf  ("Accept: application/rdf+xml") is sent to the
obolibrary server should it do the redirection to something like?

http://api.hymao.org/public/ontology_class/show_expanded/7563.rdf

I am sorry for the misunderstanding but I referenced where I got the
ontology I was using back in message 7 of this thread.

*Hi Alan,*
*
*
*Here is an example from the Hymenoptera Anatomy Ontology*
*
*
*http://obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=hymenoptera_anatomy ....*

Following LOD best practices is needed so services like Sig.ma can figure
out how to correctly interpret LOD triples and display them like this.

http://sig.ma/search?pid=f1e537693d3d272556a8ca439ca021d9

- Pete