Re: How do OBO ontologies work on the LOD?

On 2/22/12 3:14 PM, Peter DeVries wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> I don't know if it is that simple, it might fix the blank nodes on my
> endpoint.
>
> However, the OWL version of the ontology has this
>
> http://purl.org/obo/owl/HAO#HAO_0000526 URI
>
> Which shows up as in the KB http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/HAO_0000526
> (KB View median ocellus http://bit.ly/wOuYkf )
>
> Which resolves on the web to this
> http://api.hymao.org/public/ontology_class/show_expanded/1779
>
> So how will this work in general on the LOD where there seems to be a
> different set of best practices?
>
> What is the best way to add this as a schema to my endpoint?
>
> - Pete

Pete,

You can execute the following via your conductor UI or iSQL:

sparql
define get:soft "add"
INSERT INTO <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl>
{?s rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl> .
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl>
<http://open.vocab.org/terms/defines> ?s.
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl> a owl:Ontology .
?s <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby>
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl>}
FROM <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl>
WHERE { optional {?s rdfs:subClassOf ?o}. optional {?s
rdfs:subPropertyOf ?o}. optional {?s owl:equivalentClass ?o}. optional
{?s owl:equivalentProperty ?o}. optional {?s a ?o}}
;

sparql
select distinct * from <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl>  where

rdfs_rule_set ('hao-rule', 'http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hao.owl') .

Once that's done, you have a local version of the ontology that
associated with an inference rule. After that, simply refer to the
inference rule in your SPARQL queries via its pragma or use the &inf
parameter re. faceted browsing URL.

Hope this helps? If not, we can move it to the Virtuoso forum and iron
things out etc..

Kingsley