Re: Proposal: register /.well-known/sparql with IANA

On 12/24/12 11:18 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 24/12/12 14:38, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 12/23/12 8:48 PM, David Wood wrote:

>>> Normally, I'd agree, but in this case I think the SPARQL WG thread is
>>> worth reading; they have a good point.
>>
>> Help me with a link to the specific point. I've taken a quick look and
>> haven't found anything that changes my position re. "just do it".
>>
>> Discoverability remains something that's received too little attention
>> re. Linked Data, SPARQL, and RDF. It isn't something best handled (a as
>> prescription) by the W3C (IMHO). When best practices have been
>> established, the W3C can come in and formalize etc..
>
> void descriptions and service descriptions provide searchable documents?

Yes they do.

> At least they provide an answer to what to put at a well-known URI.

Yes, certainly.

>> We need to bootstrap first, and the formalize standardization later. The
>> alternative route never works, as you can see from the age of the
>> initial suggestion re. this matter :-)
>
> A good argument ... for using sitemapsˇ

Yes, those too.

Fundamentally, we need to give discoverability and associated patterns a
lot more focus that has been done in the past. This is such a critical
component for making Linked Data easier to discover and appreciate.

Kingsley